Sunday, February 20, 2005

A very long account of my uneventful day

Today I was supposed to be reading Thoreau, Life in the Woods and Civil Disobedience, for my English class. I've got a paper due next Monday but I just couldn't bring myself to stop blogging. I think I've got the site to where I pictured it so I guess now I should stop tinkering and do my homework. I didn't realize that I would have to actually program or whatever you call it in order to blog, but I'm enjoying the process. If I didn't have Matt to help me then I think I would have been completely lost...But I have Matt, and he's more than willing to help me learn whatever I need in order to make the blog how I want it.

As far as knitting goes, I'm really trying to finish my projects before I start new ones. I'm also trying not to buy yarn because I have enough to last me until next year, really. I've only got two more sides to sew on my loopy pillow but I HATE the mattress stitch so much that I can hardly stand to do it anymore. It really took me a whole night to do each of the sides so far, and it doesn't seem like I'm getting any faster at it. If I make another of these I might just add a selvedge edge and figure out some other lazy way to finish it up. Would it be unethical of me to use a sewing machine for the sides? I hope not because the pillow is really cute and I think the only way I would tackle this project again is to shortcut the dreaded mattress stitch.

I'm also working on the other hand warmer for Matt. Our apartment is so freezing cold that the poor guy's hands are frozen after spending the whole day in front of the computer. I really like the pattern from Weekend Knitting, but I had to add about 20 extra rows to the pattern because his hands are about a million times bigger than the specs. I really can't wait to be done with these boring projects so that I can start on a new one, but I have a feeling that I'll be bored with that too.

I was really looking forward to watching the Simpsons tonight because it was about Gay Marriage, but it was a little disappointing. I think that I prefer the episode when Bart thinks he's gay and Homer tries to convince him he's not, that one was much more entertaining. I don't watch the Simpsons very often but I'm glad that they're not afraid of pissing people off.

I better go do some reading now, just so I don't feel like such a procrastinator.

1 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are still on avoidance strategies I see with your blog! I was glad to see you decided to stop to do your boring reading.
On the pillow I suggest you find a really cool fabric to put on the sides and make a square pillow. Not being a knitter, I see no reason not to sew it on a machine. You may invent a whole new genre of pillow! The color is really beautiful, if it is anything like the photo.
Ann and I really liked the headboard. It is taller than I imagined and the sections are wider than I thought. It has a nice scale.
Get a job little Chinese girl so you don't have so much time on your hands.... use your resources and networking. I am so pleased to talk with you lately, I can see how happy you are.
Aloha Mom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home