Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Progress

Today I got to do everything that I like doing, I like when that happens. Matt and I woke up around 9am and he made breakfast for us (love that). One of my favorite parts of life as a unemployed student is sitting around and leisurely drinking coffee in the morning...which I also did today. Once I finished with my morning routine I got ready and drove over to the Paper Source, which is one of my new favorite places. I am going to a bridal shower next weekend and I don't really know the bride, so I decided to make her a set of personal thank-you cards rather than buying something boring from her registry (not to mention that I'm completely broke and have no business buying expensive gifts from Williams Sonoma). I'm currently addicted to my oh-so-exciting "Print Gocco" which is a small screen-printing machine that you can use to make cards, etc. I'll share the details once I begin.
Anyways, back to my day. Once I was done at the Paper Source I went over to visit with the owner of my favorite knitting store, Urban Knitting Studio. I've made a consious promise to myself not to buy any new yarn but I still like to look and drool, and she has a lot of drool-worthy yarn. I sort of broke my promise though and I bought a book called "Last Minute Knitted Gifts" as well as a new needle-size/gauge checker. It was a good visit anyway, and I'm excited to make some things from my new book.
For the rest of the day I plan to read some more Thoreau, walk to the mexican fruit and veggie store with Matt, make a pizza for dinner (yay, very excited about making pizza), and hopefully finish a little project I started last night.
What project? I'm making a "Rag Bag" with some yarn that I've been wanting to use but didn't know what to do with.
If I can figure out how to do this, there should be a link to the pattern.


click here

Oh, and I still look like a sausage in my top.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home