Thursday, September 07, 2006

Good Enough to Eat....On



I finally finished my first "Stockholm" Placemat and I love the way that it turned out. Despite the small needles, I really like knitting with linen and I think that I might have to get my hands on some more of it to see what else I can do! For now I'm going to put this very ambitious project on hold and make some things that I've planned for Christmas presents so that I can get them done in time.
I actually started making the Sunrise Circle Jacket for my mom using Tahki New Tweed in stead of the recommended Karabella yarn. Bad idea! For the first time ever in my knitting life the gauge was correct in terms of the stitches per inch but my New Tweed stitches were taller, therefore making the sweater super long for my 5'-3" Mom. Usually this wouldn't be a problem, but that pattern is written line by line and therefore I have no idea how I would go about shortening it to make it fit. Unfortunately for me I took only this project with me for one of my summer trips and I worked on it alot until I figured out that the problem is unfixable. Frogging had to be done....
Now I've got a new plan that is much more simple and much less exciting, but it will still be nice and wearable and my Mom will still love it. So much for learning a new pattern! I'll have to post some pictures of my mom-project progress as I get some of it done, but it might be a while until then.

1 Comments:

At 3:45 AM, Blogger Amber said...

Those turned out really well! I am so jealous of your yarn finds-Spainish yarn shops suck (we should open one!) and yarn is too expensive in London although Laura and I found this adorable yarn store with great knitted things but they didn't sell the patterns-the items were only for sale. Bastards!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home