Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Back to the Real World

Okay, so it's been a little while since my last post but I know that all of you die-hard readers are still out there...right? I'm sure that all three of you have been waiting at the edge of your seats for me to return to the blog and update you on my exciting life.
We just got back from our big Europe cruise on August 1st. We went to London, Dover, Oslo, Helsinki, Copenhagen, ST. Petersberg, Tallinn (Estonia) and Stockholm via a fancy cruise ship where we could eat as much sushi and ice-cream as we wanted. Life is hard, I know. Anyways, it was a ton of fun and I really enjoyed seeing a bit of Europe for the first time. I especially liked Copenhagen, Tallinn, and London and I think that those places are worth another visit in the future.
You can bet that I was secretly scouting yarn stores in every port that we visited. Poor Matt had no idea what he was getting into when every stop turned into a knitting/crafty mission! I found some really interesting yarns that I've never seen before of which I will post pictures in a few days. I also bought some cool handicrafts from Tallinn because there are some really great stores there and the prices are surprisingly reasonable.
They make alot of felt and felt things, so I had to buy these silly slippers for around the house.

Then I tried to re-create them using an old sweater that I'd felted

And here are some baby slippers from a great online pattern, made with the same slippers and some leftover leather from my sister.

2 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Blogger pretendingsanity said...

I'm waiting for pics of your cool yarn finds!!!

 
At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your slippers make me wish I had a reason to need to keep my feet warm! Dad and I are impressed with your knock-offs.

Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home