Sunday, June 11, 2006

Perpetual Vacation

I know that I shouldn't be complaining, being that I've been in Hawaii for two weeks now, but I'm beginning to miss home a little bit! It's been a busy couple of weeks with a wedding and my 10 year high school reunion. It was a little surreal at the reunion, I kind of felt like I shut down a little bit once I was surrounded by so many familiar faces. I just didn't know where or how to begin catching up with everyone, not to mention the fact that I'm terrible about remembering names. But, the school graciously provided our class with several kegs of beer and bottles of wine so that made it a little easier to loosen up! I'll post some pictures once I get home.
Now that everything has died down I'm trying to work on the crafty projects that I brought with me. I limited my knitting to the Clapotis project that's been stashed away for several months and I've been able to make a lot of progress on it. I'm using a hand-dyed cotton with Kidsilk haze and I'm afraid that I'll run out of the haze when I'm on the plane or something and I won't be able to finish. That would suck, but I've got to press on and get that thing over with. Clapotis is a great project and it's totally something that I'll use forever...but it is so absolutely boring that it's all I can do to work on it.
I'm also trying to put together an Amy Butler diaper bag for my friend Kimi before she pops out #2 baby. I've cut out all of the pieces and ironed on the interfacing but I'm so afraid that I'm going to screw up the sewing that I haven't gotten out the machine yet! This is the first project I've ever made from a pattern, so I think that my fear is understandable.
Anyways, maybe I'll procrastinate my sewing for a couple more hours and lay out by the pool.
Oh, poor me....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home