Tuesday, June 28, 2005

*

In case you were wondering, I didn't give up on my blog. Matt's parents have been in town for the weekend so we were too busy to play on the internet. We had a lot of fun with them, especially once we started playing Canasta. I'm not usually big on card games but Canasta is so fun! We used to play it for hours with my mom when I was in high school but it's been a while. It's better with four people too so Matt and I get bored playing it by ourselves at home.

Other than Canasta we ate a lot of food and bought a lot of stuff...both of which are common practices when hanging out with Matt's parents. Some highlights of my weekend eating are:
-Lemon pancakes filled with Ricotta cheese and smothered with lemon curd and rasberry sauce (today's breakfast)
-Grilled halibut on a sweet corn cake with okra and coffee jus (last night's dinner)
-Cowgirl creamery Mt. Tam triple cream Brie on mini toasts with fig cherry jam (card playing snack)

At this juncture I must also comment on a low point of our dinner last night just because I like to complain and I can't let it go. We were eating at a very well-regarded restaurant here in SF and Matt and I were sitting with our backs to another table of diners. Their table was fairly close to ours and one of the people knocked over a completely full bottle of wine (RED) and it flew and sprayed in our direction. I just happened to be wearing light colored pants and the $70. pashmina shawl that I bought for one of my bridesmaids to wear at my wedding (also a light cream color). Matt was wearing a light blue shirt and khaki's, both of which were completely stained with wine. I was really pissed off by this, and although I know that the people apologized to Matt, they did not apologize to me nor did they offer any assistance with our dry cleaning or anything! The restaurant manager was very nice and he did offer to pay, but I still think that had it been me that spilled the wine I would have offered to dry clean the people's clothes myself or bought a round of drinks or dessert or something to extend my apology. It was truly annoying and it ruined the mood of our dinner completely. But the food was good!

Now I'm just sitting at home and dealing with all of the paper and mail and junk that I've been ignoring. I hate paper, so hopefully I'll be done with this soon.

3 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's too bad about having your dinner ruined. I'm the same way as you, I stew about things like this for a long time. I do think it was rude of them to not help out more. Perhaps they thought it was the restaurant's responsibility, although that wouldn't have been my thought. I'm always trying to remember the zen story: that carrying things like this with me will only burden me further. But it's so hard to remember that when you're feeling trod upon.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Amber said...

I would have kicked their ass! Maybe they didn't realize the extent of their damage?

Lets hang out this weekend now that the parentals are gone. Any day is fine with me. I am really into my knitting again now that I have other things to do, like study and apply for grad school.

 
At 6:37 AM, Anonymous Rummy said...

I love this post very much.please keep sharing of knowledges with us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home