Wednesday, June 22, 2005

On Our Own

New LR

Last Saturday our roomate and bestest friend Jessica left us alone for good. She and I have been living happily together since 2001 and we've been friends since 9th grade, so it was a bit traumatic for me (I don't know if it was for her or not, but it was for me.) Anyways, she's gone and here I am living with Matt for ever and ever.
I don't want to give the impression that we were happy that Jess left, but the first thing we did after the movers were gone was open the sliding doors that seperated our living room from her former bedroom. This was an exciting transformation because it doubles our living space and allows alot of light to come in that was otherwise blocked by the sliding doors. Once the doors were open we realized that we don't own enough furniture to fill up the space (and I thought my 84" couch would fill any room!) But anyways, we moved the dining room into the area that used to be the living room and pushed all of the living room furniture into Jessica's old bedroom. I hope I didn't lose you with all of those details, but I think you can get the idea based on the above picture.
Now the dining room is my new "office" and I even have my own craft closet!
Crafty Closet
As you can see I sort of just threw everything in there, and for now it contains my wedding boxes and files as well as yarn...but it's still exciting to have a place for my stuff.
We also got a new stereo the other day since our old one belonged to Jessica. I think Matt is going to return it though because we just realized that although it holds 5 cd's it doesn't allow you to shuffle all of them at once, just one at a time. That sucks. Since I don't have an ipod (that's a hint to all of you out there wondering) I have to create playlists the old-fashioned way. Poor me, I know.
We also lost our tv to the divorce, so our friends Syrette and Koa were generous enough to give us their tiny tv. The screen on it is seriously smaller than my miniature laptop screen, but it's cute anyway. It doesn't actually get any reception, but we set it up so that it can look like our poor little entertainment system with the new stereo. I think it's funny but when Matt's parents come to visit us this weekend we're sure that his dad will be so desperate to watch television that he'll run out and buy us one...we can only hope. We do actually have bets going that he'll do this, but we'll see.
Entertainment System
I can't believe how much I have to say! Is this interesting to anyone out there? I have a feeling that my babbling posts might be a turn-off to some of my readers, but then again there are only about four of you anyways! (And I love you all dearly, by the way.)

2 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger Amber said...

I don't even remember the double doors! I am going to have to come over because I can't even visualize what this looks like. It looks nice regardless-so much more light!

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Mark said...

haha, lol. I'll die if there's no cable TV. I see you have a mac there. I had an ibook for 3 years now and It still works very well. I'm thinking about getting a powerbook when I graduate. The new Macs are just sweet. Ciao.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home