Thursday, June 23, 2005

More Wedding Drama

I'm going to have to postpone my sharing of the current knitting project because I simply don't have the energy to knit right now so I can't talk about it. I know that you've all been on the edge of your seats wondering what's going on with our wedding stuff today? Oh, I guess that I'll tell you then.
Well we had thought that we had our location for the rehearsal dinner all taken care of. We sent out invitations for the dinner to the wedding party and the immediate family and everything. (Can you figure out where I'm going with this?) So when I asked about making a reservation months ago I was told that we only needed to call about a month in advance to set our date. We did that today and it turns out that the location has been booked for months. Of course it has! It would just be too easy otherwise. Now we have to scramble and find a restaurant in San Francisco that can hold 40 people on a Thursday night three weeks from now. THis is an impossible mission, and a most irritating one if I do say so myself. Argh. We're laughing at the drama it has caused but it's still annoying.
On a lighter and more fun note, I spent today helping my friend DeAnna at her hat studio. It was fun. I got to block a men's felt hat that she'll sell at a store in LA and I spent the rest of the day sewing buttons on a women's cloche style hat. I aspire to have a whole two bedroom apartment that is only used as a studio, so you can just imagine how fun it is to spend the day with someone who actually has that. I honestly don't know what I would do in an art studio, but I'm sure that I could come up with something. I really like hand-sewing too and I only do it when I'm making hats. I only make hats when I'm with DeAnna, therefore I don't do a lot of sewing.
Okay okay, I think I need to relax a bit and hang out with my BF (can I still call him that even though he is actually my fiance?) Anyways, he's sitting in the dark living room by himself playing the guitar and I think that means "get off that damn computer and hang out with me!" in passive agressive boy-language. I guess I'll indulge him this one time.

4 Comments:

At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just heard about this on the phone. I enjoyed your written version, and am really glad you are keeping a good sense of humor about this. Keep an open mind, how about the Mexican place across the street from your apartment? Or one of those smallish, but big enough lunch places in your area. Maybe one of them would open late for a special event, We are all going to have so much fun hanging out together, it will not really matter what kind of food or what the place is like. Hugs to my honeys. Mom

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Amber said...

My theory is that the first place was all wrong for your reception dinner and the right place is out there just waiting for you. What about the Italian place in the Richmond? Can't remember what it is called but it is on Geary and 4thish, and there is a clown painted on the wall outside (more of a jesper really) and they have a large back room that my family has used (and you know how big that can get) Really good food.

 
At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the rehearsal dinner. Good luck with the restaurant hunt. :)

 
At 6:40 AM, Anonymous Canasta said...

please keep sharing of knowledges with us.Thanks a lot for your great posting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home