Saturday, July 02, 2005

Counting down the days

I've only got 12 more days until THE day and it's beginning to feel very surreal. Not surreal as if it's not real but more like wow, I Ginny Lau am going to be married in 12 days! In 13 days I'll be Ginny Uyesugi and I haven't even had time to practice my new signature. It's taken me years to perfect my Ginny C. Lau with a big G and a curly messy Lau with a C in between. How will I do it now? Will I spell out each letter of my new last name carefully so that you can read it? Will that even make a difference since no one can pronounce it anyway? Is it lame to simply make a Ginny U. with no yesugi? These are all things that I will have to consider when I go about my new signature. I think I'll need to begin practicing this week so that I'm seasoned and ready once the time comes to sign my first credit card charge. I imagine that being like the first time I wrote a check for schoolbooks with my mom's checkbook (I had permission, don't worry) and I was all nervous because I wasn't sure how to write out the amount. My hand shook, I was a mess.

1 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Happy 4th of July!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home