Friday, July 08, 2005

Craft Corner

I haven't been posting because I've turned my house into a craft corner and I haven't been able to sit down at my computer long enough to post! I'm so into sewing now that I've started. I just keep looking around to see what I can sew next. Yesterday I finished the little messenger bag that I was making for Carli, my flower girl, as a gift. It turned out really cute.
Carli's bag
I'm quite proud of it, I must say. I've never sewn anything that was this elaborate. Not that the bag is really complicated or anything but my sewing usually consists of little zipper bags and nothing else. THe only thing that I don't like about the bag that I made is that the lining inside is all bunchy. If I were to make it again I would make the lining slightly smaller than the outside part so that it is tighter. Here is a picture of the lining.
The inside of the bag
I think you can see how bunchy it is.
I also made a curtain for a window in our hallway. There's this window that looks into our storage room and it's visible when you first walk into the apartment. The curtain hides our piles of boxes and stuff so that people don't think we're slobs when they first come into the house.
Yay sewing!

2 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Amber said...

All of my sisters sew but me. You should get together with Laura-she is a master sewer. Although in junior high I did sew me up some of those scrunchy things for your hair that were so popular. but I don't think I actually used a sewing machine for that...

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger pretendingsanity said...

oooo, ca-ute!!! And ooo, the wedding!!! are you peeing your pants with excitement???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home