Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Lazy Post

I'm sorry everyone, I don't have it in me to post a picture today. If I did, I would post a shot of my current project though. I'm making a little messenger style bag for my flower girl, Carli. It's not necessarily for her to wear during the wedding but I've been wanting to make her a little bag to hold her camara and things while she's walking around San Francisco next week.
I really like sewing but as I think I've mentioned before, I never do it. I think that this project will motivate me to make some more things in the future. I'm borrowing Jessica's sewing machine for this job but I dont think that she'll mind if I borrow it for awhile. There is actually a really cool place here in the city called Stitch that I'd like to check out. They teach sewing classes based on your abilities and they also rent out machines and space for those of us who don't have the right stuff. I know what you're thinking: why does Ginny need to take more craft classes? Or maybe you weren't thinking that but it is true that I have taken a class for just about everything from glassblowing to hatmaking to knitting to felting, and then there was this jewelry class I took...the list goes on. I think that sewing classes fit really nicely into my little repetoire. We'll see if I ever find the time or money to realize this idea. For the time being I'll just rely on the internet crafting community to fill me in where I'm lacking in crafty knowledge. Thank goodness for Craftster!
Okay, time to go to bed. That is as soon as I finish my little cocktail that I'm drinking. Have I mentioned that I'm obsessed with drinking "Dark and Stormy's"? My friend Rachel introduced me and I'm hooked. She and I share a love of all things ginger and the Dark and Stormy is just another way to enjoy it. It's basically made with a really strong ginger beer (like root beer, but ginger) and dark rum with a little lime. Yum.

1 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Blogger Amber said...

Do you get to eat ginger cookies while eating the dark and stormy? Had fun Monday and can't wait for Tuesday! It is going to be great :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home