Monday, August 29, 2005

Life takes over

I may not be the busiest person in the world, but I just haven't had the time or the interest in posting this week! Or maybe I just haven't had anything fun enough to post...
School isn't completely consuming me yet although I should probably be spending more time studying in general. Instead I've been knitting a bit more and this weekend Matt and I spent some time with friends that we haven't seen in awhile. Most of my knitting has been secret, but I think I'll have to find a way to post little pieces of what I've been working on so that I can feel like this is a legitimate knitting blog!
Anyways, today I spent almost all afternoon working on my drawing homework. Right now we're doing "partial blind line contour drawings" which means that you can only look at the page in order to place your pen but you have to look at the object you're drawing while you draw it. It's not easy, but I think that it's teaching me how to understand proportion and foreshortening, etc. My homework assignment was to do a partial blind line contour drawing of the interior of a kitchen drawer. Here is a picture of what I did.




I had to fudge in a couple of places because my proportion was off, but I think it looks pretty good. My next assignment is to draw the interior of a room in the house which I think might be easier.

2 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger Amber said...

I'm really impressed! Mostly I think because I have no artistic ability at all. I have been missing your posts!

 
At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok girly girl, are you saying you really didn't look and it came out like that! Where have you been hiding these amazing drawing skills?
To save time, I will also comment here on your cut and paste stuff. I think you are awesome, I love both pieces. I wish someone would force me to do that at night. The Notan book is on backorder at Barnes and Noble. I have not checked anywhere else yet. I can't wait to see it now that I have a more clear picture about what it is. Keep it up and I hope you save this stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home