Tuesday, August 02, 2005

The Aftermath

Now that I'm married I have this wierd sense of loss now that it's all over. I'm surrounded by piles of unwritten thank you notes and name-changing paperwork and somehow those things just aren't as fun as planning a wedding! Today I went to the Social Security office to change my name and then I headed over to the DMV to get a new drivers license. I know that I've already talked about my feelings about changing my name...but now that it's done I feel sad and wierd to not be a Lau anymore. As annoying as hyphenated names are I can now completely understand why so many people choose to do it. Oh well, now it's done!

Rather than wallow in my post-wedding depression, let's revisit the excitement of actual wedding. I'll start at the semi-beginning:

In a dramatic example of my famous procrastination I did not pickup my wedding gown until the day before the wedding. This was not in the plan, but the man who was altering the dress wasn't returning my phone calls (major point of stress) and he finally called me that morning. Though it was a relief to have the dress in my hands, he did a horrible job and ultimately my sister had to completely redo it. To add to the drama, he also altered Jessica's bridesmaid dress and somehow made it too tight. Luckily she was able to have it taken out at the last minute and actually picked it up from the tailor an hour before we left for the wedding! I think you're getting the picture, this was pretty stressful.
I'll add more later, but here are some pictures.
Getting Ready
The Ladies

2 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger Amber said...

The pictures turned out really well! You guys look so happy. What a day!

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Mark said...

hi ginny, do you have a twin or a sister? the woman on the right side looks like you, but she has long hair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home