Thursday, September 01, 2005

Kim Hargreaves is not my best friend


So now that I've been working at my LYS for a few weeks I'm beginning to feel as if I'm really in the loop with this whole knitting thing. For instance, I was never privvy to any of the knitting magazines until two weeks ago. (Who knows how to spell "privvy"?) Anyways I'm sure that you can just hear Matt saying "What? Now you're reading about knitting too?!" I think it's probably better that I started reading the knitting publications after we got married...
And now back to my point: now that I'm more in tune with the knitting community I have become aware of the plethora of pattern resources that are available to me. I may not like many of the designs that I find, but at least I know where to look. So I've been searching for awhile to find a really specific shrug pattern but I never seem to find the right one. I finally found it. Enter Kim Hargreaves new website. I fell in love with the Splendour pattern, but wait! You can only get the pattern if you buy the yarn, buttons, and pattern kit that she ONLY sells on her site. Is there anyone else who finds this really annoying? Especially because her company is based in England and for all of us over here in the US it could potentially be even more expensive to order from her after shipping. I don't even know how much the whole thing would cost me if I ordered it but even if I could afford it I still think that her approach kind of diminishes the whole creative aspect of knitting. I might as well just buy a shrug a the Gap!

3 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Blogger Amber said...

That is so annoying. It seems like all the cool patterns come from the UK too. Irritating. That model kind of creeps me out.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger pretendingsanity said...

Dude. That is the exact pattern I"m looking for. that is frustrating. I think I'm just going to give in and buy it for $17.99 at target.

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger pretendingsanity said...

hey check this out, the new knitty is up and this is a similar pattern

http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall05/PATTblackberry.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home