Friday, January 20, 2006

Workin' The Stash


This is a picture of the view from the beach house we stayed at in Costa Rica. I wish I was there right now! It's so cold here.

Now that school has started I've only got a few days to get some knitting done before I get too overwhelmed with homework and projects. Unlike last semester, I don't really have any art classes that will consume my life like last time but I think I should be prepared nonetheless. This sense of urgency combined with the fact that Matt is out of town for the week has led to some good knitting time. On Monday night I started and finished the black and white scarf that I've been wanting to make out of some Manos De Uruguay wool that I bought a while back. I'll have to show pictures when Matt returns home with the camera. I also started to make some much-needed handwarmers out of the leftover cashmere that I have (Yay!) I'm very excited to finish these because my hands get soooo cold. I'm using an Ann Norling loose pattern for mittens and changing it a bit so that I can make the fingerless warmers with a thumb gusset. Very exciting stuff.

So far I've had three days of school. I think that in my mind I'm just not ready for the semester to begin and therefore I've just assumed that we won't actually be doing anything in classes yet. This is obviously a very stupid assumption that has lead me to do a couple of very retarded things, the worst of which was going to yoga class in a skirt. Yes, that was definitely the dumbest thing I could have done.

Now I'm off to work at the knitting store after about a month of being away from it. I'm excited to go back and show off all of my FO's!

Have a great weekend everybody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home