Monday, December 19, 2005

Bad Sign



Today this thing happened that is bothering me so much that I feel like I need to tell everyone the story just so that I feel like I have some control over the situation. Lucky you, I know. Anyways, today I my Anthropology final was scheduled at 3:30-5:30 pm and when I got there.....no one was there! The campus was virtually empty, there was another class finishing up a final in the classroom where I was supposed to be, and there was no one from my class in sight. I (naturally) started to freak out. At first it was just a kind of freak out, because I expected that I would simply find my class in another location and only lose a couple of minutes on the test. Then as I started calling every office on campus with my cell phone and walking all over the campus looking around for some other confused student from my class I began to really freak out. I even cried to the librarians, how embarrassing is that?! I felt like a little kid that lost their mom! There were real tears.
So it turns out that there was a typo on the review sheet that the teacher handed out and the final was actually at 10:30 this morning, meaning that i was 5 hours late! Now I can't find my teacher anywhere on the earth and I have only one day to find him, tell him what happened, convince him that it's only fair to let me make up the test, and then schedule at time to take the test. The likelihood of this happening is little to none. So what do I do? I'm so worried, but I don't even know what to do next.
Argh! I just want to scream and listen to my music so loud that I can't hear that little voice in my head that keeps telling me that I'm going to fail this class because of a stupid typo. And to top it off, Matt is already gone to Kauai and I have no one to vent to. As I said earlier, lucky you.

Thanks, internet friends.

3 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger Amber said...

Oh no! Call him, e-mail him. He will understand, as long as you have the proof to back it up. I am sure you are not the only person this happened to. It will get resolved, even if you have to track him down next semester.

 
At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This does suck, it is horrible feeling like your lost or have been left behind! I hope it works out for you soon!

I do owe you an email, I have not forgotten you!

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger pretendingsanity said...

That is absolutely terrible! What happened?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home