Friday, February 03, 2006

FO's

It's been a long while since I last posted, and I'm proud to say that it's because I've been knitting like crazy. Maybe it's because I don't want to read my physics textbook, but I'd like to think that I'm just really into knitting right now. So, here are the Finished Objects:

Yarn: Manos del Uruguay Wool
Pattern: Feather and Fan

You may remember that I first began doing this the short way

But then I realized that I'd have to weave in all of those ends....and so I changed it to knit the long way instead. I kind of prefer this short way, but only if someone other than me is doing all the finishing because I hate weaving in ends.

Next up are my oh so wonderful cashmere handwarmers:

Yarn: Trendsetter Kashmir
Pattern: Adapted from a mitten pattern
I really like this yarn, and I especially like the fact that you can get a pair of handwarmers out of just one skein. I initially made this pair for myself because I had an extra ball left over from the ruffle scarf. But now I've written the pattern for the store and I'm making another pair for Matt in green and black. I just finished one for the store sample using the Magic Loop technique that everybody's been raving about. I'm officially addicted! I like the fact that my stitches aren't loose like they tend to be when I'm using double points. I found that my gauge was really different. Anyways, thanks Joelene for the link!

My last creation is a neckwarmer for the knitting store:

Yarn: Cascade 220 and Kidsilk Haze
Pattern: Made up by me
Admittidly, I'm not too into the whole neckwarmer situation but other people like it and it's a good little project if you ski or something, I guess. Matt thinks that neckwarmers are stupid. Oh well.

Next up I'm going to make Matt's handwarmers and then pick up Clapotis again, because I made some kind of mistake somewhere and I've got to really sit down and figure it out. Also, I just have to admit that I have officially entered the dorky knitter zone and I've gotten myself hooked to Cast On. If you haven't checked it out, you should. It's super fun to knit and listen, almost like your own personal stitch and bitch.

4 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Alexa said...

I think I'm going to have to agree with Matt when it comes to the neckwarmer stuff. Really now, why do you think the scarf was invented?

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Amber said...

I am not even sure what a neck warmer is but it sounds incredible dorky. I like all the other stuff though! I am so impressed with all the hand warmers you have made. I can't even finish one!

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger pretendingsanity said...

you are a knitting mad woman! I've made many a thing for my store that I'm not in love with either, but sometimes I like that cause I can make something that I'm interested in, but would never use.

 
At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I rue the day you turned me on to the Cast On podcast. I'm totally addicted. Great looking scarves and gloves! I keep making the fingerless gloves too, although I haven't tried the thumb gusset yet...but I will!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home