Monday, February 27, 2006

Toasty Elbows

If you haven't spent any time in San Francisco then you're probably not familiar with the wierd changes in weather that we experience over the course of a week. It's cold, then hot and sunny, then windy, then rainy, and then it's just really confusing and hard to plan for. So in order to combat the mostly cold weather while continuing to wear short-sleeves, I decided to take things into my own crafty hands....

....and this is what I came up with.

Yarn: Claudia Hand Painted Yarns Sport Weight in Plumilicious stranded with Zukii "Fluffy" for and extra undertone of purple coloring
Fiber: 100% Merino Wool
Best part about my new handwarmers: I made them so that I can slip my thumb out of the thumb hole without taking them off completely, which allows me to wear them all day.
Other good thing: I think I love working on size 4 needles, and of course the Magic Loop!

2 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Blogger Alexa said...

I think the SF weather you're talking about applies to LA too, because we've had the exact same weather conditions! Makes me glad I knit hats.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger the solitary thread said...

Oooh, lovely idea, they are great! I'm a really hot/cold person anyway, no matter what the weather, so being able to wear short sleeves and these would be great!
Excellent job :)
MissMeshell

 

Post a Comment

<< Home