Thursday, April 06, 2006

The Sweater

What's that saying about knitting a sweater for your boyfriend and then it leads to the end of your relationship? I'm pretty sure that Matt and I are going to make it through this, but I've got to say that I'm seriously disappointed with the outcome of my Husband Sweater. You wouldn't be able to tell in this picture, but the sweater is like 10 sizes too big for Matt. In fact, I think that the only word that comes to mind when he puts it on is "Floppy". It's terrible.



But on the other hand, when it's not on him I like it alot. I learned a lot about the process of making a sweater and what to take into consideration when designing or altering a sweater pattern. I did all of the edging by using a turning method that gives a very clean and finished look.


This is the inside of the sleeve

So, I present this sweater with mixed feelings. I am ecstatic to have it off my needles! I'm proud that I actually made a whole sweater. But at the same time as I look back on the process I realize that there were a lot of details that I overlooked or ignored which led me to make this thing so oversized. I guess that I'll just have to try again! But this next time I'm using bulkier yarn.

6 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Blogger pretendingsanity said...

well, I can say, I know how you feel. But you did do a really nice job! You just need to fatten him up!

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Mark said...

wow, I don't really know you personally, but ur really, really sweet! It's the thought that counts!

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Alexa said...

Yay Ginny! You're so lucky that the men in your life actually wear the stuff you knit them! My brother decided that the hat I made him wasn't "cool" enough, pshhh. Anyways, great job and I'm proud of you for sticking with this project.

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Amber said...

sorry to hear that it doesn't fit but you did do an amazing job and who knows, maybe matt will get fat and it will fit better later in life!

 
At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe it will fit someone else.... Jim, Steve????

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah....i vote for steve....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home