Monday, April 04, 2005

Crafty Crochet Question

Okay, so I got a little cocky at the yarn store yesterday and I bought a crochet pattern and yarn to make a hat for my mom's birthday, despite the fact that I have no idea how to read a crochet pattern. I think I might have the right idea as to how to do it, but my pattern uses an abbreviation that I can't find in my book or in any of the online tutorials about crocheting in the round. Does anyone know how to crochet? If so, here is a sample:

After making the initial chain...
Rnd 1: *sc 1 st, 2 sc in next st*, rep. *-*.
Now, the part I don't get is the "2 sc in next st" part. Is this the same as a "dc" or double-crochet?

Help!!!!

I just can't bring myself to walk into the yarn store with my tail between my legs and figure this out for myself, my ego is too big.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home