Friday, April 01, 2005

Pushing it

When I was growing up my mom would always make me stay home for one extra day after I'd been sick, just so that I would be sure to get better. If she would have seen me yesterday she would have told me I was "pushing it". After spending four days as a sick pajama-wearing-noseblowing wreck, I spent my first day in the outside world shopping at Target and Trader Joe's and then had a dinner party for eight people. I did okay except for the fact that I had to carry a pack of tissues around with me and my nose was all red and chapped. There was a point though at Trader Joe's that my eyes were so watery and my nose so runny that I thought I'd have to abort my mission, but I made it through.
Our dinner was a success too, which was good. We had a bunch of Matt's friends from growing up over with their girlfriends. We made lasagna from scratch, which seems really fancy but it's not, salad, and Jessica made an apple crisp for dessert. It was the perfect dinner for a party because it didn't require any preparation while the guests were here and it didn't get cold while we waited for everyone to arrive. Our other attempts at dinner parties have been a little bumpy, so we were pleased with the outcome of this one. We get really into setting the table all pretty and making it nice for people and I really wish I would have taken a picture of our cute setup, but I forgot. I'm such an irresponsible blogger. I really do wonder how KB manages to have a camera in her hand at every opportune moment.
I think that's enough for now. I've got a big day of shopping and lunch ahead of me...

1 Comments:

At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Canasta said...

Thank you ever so for you post.Really thank you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home