Wednesday, May 11, 2005

New Stuff

Today Matt and I met our minister for the first time. He's actually a monk, but I don't think we're supposed to say that "today we met our monk..." so whatever, you get the picture. Anyways, he is a very nice man with a lot to talk about and he really helped us to get the ceremony all figured out. We need that every now and then.

We also went to Clement Street, which my grandmother calls "New Chinatown" because it has all kinds of Chinese veggie, meat, and generally asian kind of shops and restaraunts. I like Clement Street alot. Matt got some dim sum at Good Luck Dim Sum and I watched him eat it so that I could go down the street and get a Pineapple Bun. A Pineapply Bun is basically a really dense sweet bun with a sugary crackly top, and I'm not quite sure why it's called a Pineapple Bun because there's no trace of Pineapple. It's very yummy regardless.

Our third and last stop was the knitting store, which I had been looking forward to all day. I started Georgine's tank top (thanks to Alexa, my new cousin-to-be) and I needed a set of 29" size six needles. I also wanted to wind up my yarn on the winder. But the most exciting point of my story is that Helen, the owner of Urban Knitting Studio, GAVE me the needles I wanted plus some yarn that I was eyeing! I couldn't be more happy with Helen right now, that was so nice.

This is a picture of my new yarn, needles, and wound up ball of tank top yarn
Urban Knitting

This is a picture of my tank top project so far
The beginning

2 Comments:

At 8:04 PM, Blogger Alexa said...

Glad to help you!

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger pretendingsanity said...

ooo, I see a sale tag! That's the best, a yarn score!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home