Monday, May 09, 2005

I really do knit, really

I was looking over some of my recent posts and I realized that you may have forgotten that this is a knitting blog! Most of my recent projects have been boring and unadventurous because I'm feeling really stuck since I haven't bought any new yarn lately. I just don't know how what I can do with all of my stash (and there is quite a lot of it, let me tell you!) so I've been limiting myself to safe little projects like hats and scarves. This weekend I did make an ipod cozy, but I was too excited to give it to it's (very lucky) recipient and I didn't take a picture of it. This is where I found the pattern. But rather than use a piece of plastic sleeve like the pattern calls for I used a rubbery ipod screen that Matt had. I found this to be a much easier way to achieve the correct size for the screen and they come in a bunch of colors. I used pink, of course. Maybe my friend Syrette will send a picture of it so that I can put it on my sidebar of finished projects, hint, hint.
A couple of weeks ago I also made a scarf for my friend Amanda. I haven't woven in the ends or blocked it yet, but here's a picture
Amanda's scarf web
For some reason I always close my eyes for digital pictures, so I decided that for this one I'd just avoid the frustration of taking ten pictures until I get a good one and squint. In case you were wondering.

Next up is a simple rolled-edge baby hat I made for a future baby...I'm not quite sure which future baby, but I was trying to use up this yarn.
baby hat copy
I think it's a Debbie Bliss cotton yarn, but I can't remember for sure.

Lastly, this is a chemo cap I made for my mom's friend. She's going to begin treatment soon and she lives in Hawaii, so I chose a nice cotton yarn from Manos De Uruguay so that she won't be too hot when she wears her hat.
chemo cap copy
I like the color of this yarn, and it's so nice to knit with!

So there you have it, actual proof that I knit and I have been knitting. For my next project I want to make Matt's mom a tank top with some yarn that I took from her stash. Since I don't have the money to buy my own yarn I told her that I'd take some from the giant bag of yarn that she doesn't use and make something for her (I didn't just steal it, if that's what you were wondering). Anyways, now I can't find a good pattern. I like this one from Knitty.com, but I don't know how to make it using yarn with a different gauge. I'm terrified of spending a ton of time on it and then finding that it doesn't fit her. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Blogger Alexa said...

How about the Chic Knits camisole? I haven't tried it, but it's cute and basic. www.chicknits.com

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger pretendingsanity said...

I love that picture of you modeling that scarf!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home