Sunday, November 06, 2005

Food and Snoopy



Well, I didn't get a chance to work alot on Matt's seamless sweater this weekend, but I did get to eat alot of good food and do some shopping! On Friday we drove up north and ate at the Dry Creek Kitchen for lunch. We had an amazing two hour meal and completely stuffed ourselves! We had intended to hit a couple of wineries while we were up there but we spent so much time eating that we didn't get a chance to. So, we drove south a little bit and hit the Charles Schultz Museum in Santa Rosa. I didn't really know what to expect but it turned out to be really fun. I mean, how could you NOT enjoy looking at original Peanuts comics? There was also an exhibit of Peanuts quilts made by various Japanese quiltmakers. I really don't know how the whole thing happened with Japanese people and Snoopy...but it's huge, and apparently it's big enough that people will spend years devoting themselves to things such as Snoopy quilts. I was hoping that they would have a book or some postcards of the exhibit on sale at the museum shop but there was nothing! Very disapointing gift shop if you ask me.

Anyways, this is only a small sampling of the highly exciting weekend I had. It has been so exciting that I might even save bits and pieces of it to sprinkle into my the coming posts in an attempt to make my life seem interesting and fun (when really I'm just going to school every night and doing homework all day.) But really, I'd better go to bed now so that I'm ready to get some quality homework time in tomorrow. Good night.

1 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Blogger Amber said...

Who knew there was a whole museum devoted to snoopy! Disappointing gift shops are the worse!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home