Friday, February 24, 2006

The Crafty Wheels Are Turning

I know that I haven't posted in a while, but now that I've gotten a request to replace the last post with a new one I've realized how badly I've been ignoring my poor blog. The reasons for this are a combination of things, so I'll make a list:
- I really want to show you a picture of some fab finished objects, but my UO shrug is in the laundry and I've either forgotten to take pictures of my latest knitted gifts before I give them or I can't ever pin Matt down to take pictures of me wearing them.
- I feel guilty blogging and not doing my homework
- I'm knitting!
- I'm reading your blog
- I'm baking (because let me tell you, I just can't stop baking ever since I recieved this for Christmas!)
- I'm pretending to do my homework but really staring at the wall

I'm also going through this crazy crafty thing right now that has caused me to create a mental backlog of things that I want to make. I really have actually lost sleep over this because I don't know how I'm going to have time to make all of the things that I want to, so I've decided to create a sidebar list to keep me focused. First, I'll have to figure out how to make such list....so for now I'll attempt to show you my thoughts in this post.


1. My friend Kimi is Prego with #2, and this time around I want to make her a diaper bag that will turn heads, not that she needs any help in that department. I've already got the fabric for it, but I need to bust my new sewing machine out of it's box and learn how to use it.


























2. I can't explain my new obsession with sock monkeys, but I'm dying to make some and this book has some really cute examples. I've also found some good tutorials online to get me started.
















3. Mom's birthday is in April, and I've decided to take the plunge and make her something that she'll love. I think this jacket will look great on her.












4. These are from Alterknits, by Leigh Radford and I think it's a great idea. I went and got some wool sweaters from the local thrift shop and I'm almost ready to get started. (I just found the instructions here, and they're exactly like the ones in the book!)

I've also got a few knitting projects going on, of which I'll wait to post so as to conserve the little bit of exciting news that I have to share....So keep reading! I haven't stopped blogging completely.

4 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger Amber said...

oh my goodness you do have a lot of projects! Laura has some competition. i am sadly on the same old boring projects. i can't wait until i work part time again so my own obsessive tendancies can form.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger pretendingsanity said...

my boss just ordered that book for the store, I'm excited to look through it!

 
At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mom says oooh, that sweater is coooool. Oops, was I not supposed to look at your blog!

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Inanna said...

Hi Ginny, I met you on Sunday at the yarn shop and I was just looking for the UO shrug and found your blog! I have made the Nappy Bag, too and it's awesome! I am also obsessed with Sock Monkeys and Alterknits, I want to make that same Karabella Jacket from Interweave, & I've made those bonnets from Last Minute Knitted Gifts! Wow! We have a lot in common! Anyway, I'm still searching for the UO shrug, I looked in the archives of Knitty but didn't find it yet. Thanks for your help at the shop, and take care! My website is luminousthreads.com and there's a link to the store's blog, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home