Thursday, February 09, 2006

Obsessive Tendencies Have Formed

matts cashmeres

As you can see, I can't stop myself from making these things! Unfortunately, I made the mistake of doing the second half of this pair while at a super bowl party, which resulted in two different-sized handwarmers. Oh well, they're just for Matt.

I've begun another pair of these that I like better, but I'll wait until I've got them done to post. I think the key is to use smaller yarn with a smaller gauge and a durable, ropey texture. That way when you're pulling them on and off you don't worry that you'll stretch them out or anything. Anyways, when I'm done with this pair it's very likely that I'll start another....there's just something addidictive about the whole instant gratification thing. I'm thinking that next time I might try some color work, maybe a big L and R so that I know which is left and right. Or maybe a big G? I'll have to think about it. I'm still a bit afraid of that whole color work, carrying yarn behind situation.

In non-knitting news, Matt and I went to the MOMA yesterday to see the Chuck Close exhibit before it's gone forever. It was definitely worth the $7. each to get in, we both really enjoyed it. It was really interesting to see all of the different ways that he has expressed the same image while maintaining public interest and exploring different mediums. Blah blah blah, I know.

4 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Blogger Amber said...

I know what you mean about the instant gratification. I started some hand warmers last night and I had to stop myself from neglecting my show (Dancing with the Stars) to finish them. When you work on long projects it is nice to have something you can finish quickly!

 
At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ginny. It's been cold here and Elvis has been curling up trying to keep his nose warm with his front paw. I think you should start on a nose warmer that will fit over his left paw.

Dad

 
At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job! You inspire me to graduate to fingerless gloves sometime soon. Well, as soon as I finish that interminable entrelac baby blanket!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Amber said...

Ginny, I am tired of this blog entry. Can you post a new one soon so I have something excited to look forward to when I check out your blog? (not that your blog is not exciting without new postings but you know what I mean)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home