Sunday, May 22, 2005

Too Tired for Pictures

So it's not like I did anything today that would make me too tired to post the picture of my tank top progress that I promised you last time...but I waited until it was too late at night to go through all of the trouble. Matt and I spent most of the day laying around reading, which was really nice and relaxing. I finished the book that I was reading "The Dim Sum of All THings" so now I guess I should stop reading for fun and start studying for my finals. But about the book, first of all since when were all books available to read on the internet? Who reads a book page by page this way? In some ways I'm a bit confused as to why this is allowed considering all of the illegal music downloading stuff going on, but then I think to myself: who in their right mind would sit at their computer and read a 300 page book? If you do this you are wierd. That's what I think.
Anyways, about the book. If you are Chinese, or part Chinese like me then I think you would enjoy the book. Don't get me wrong, it's a completely silly and ridiculous story but there are a lot of funny tidbits in there about the weirdness of Chinese people that I never realized anyone else had experienced. The Chinese grandmother in the book was my favorite character. She's pushy, loud-mouthed, direct, and she carries around way too much cash in her fanny pack-and that is so my grandmother! The author also brings up the fact that all old Chinese people refer to making out as "Hanky Panky". My grandfather totally says that! I ask myself: how did a whole generation of immigrant Chinese people pick up the term "Hanky Panky"? Who says that? I thought my Gung Gung (grandfather) was original...
I don't know if any of this is making sense. I think I better stop writing run-on sentences and go to sleep.
Nighty Night

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home