Monday, September 19, 2005

Hard Times

Today has been really hard for me. Yesterday I found out that my grandmother's ovarian cancer is not being helped by her chemotherapy and she's getting worse much more rapidly than expected. I guess that until now I didn't really realize how quickly I might lose her and it's affecting me greatly. All I want to do is get into bed and cry, but instead I've got to do homework and study and run errands...and I feel like a bit of a zombie.
Part of me thinks it's bad to be expecting the worst, but at the same time I think it's important for me to focus on my grandma while she's still here. Today I called her to tell her that we want to go and visit her in a couple of weeks and she told me not to come. This crushed me despite the fact that I was expecting it.
I guess that it hurts me most to be so far away from her and so helpless. I've never lost someone that I love before and I don't quite know how to deal with it.
Maybe writing about it here will help me.

4 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Blogger Amber said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother Ginny. At least you can know though that although you are not there in person, she is surrounded by family and love.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger pretendingsanity said...

oh, ginny. I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ginny, That is tough. You are in my prayers as well as your grandmother. She knows how much you care!

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am really sorry to read about your grandmother. This journey isn't going to be easy. Send her cards. Its great she knows that you care. Also Its better to spend the time to go and see her now then later. So maybe disobey her orders.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home