Monday, October 24, 2005

Fun Weekend



We had a pretty action packed weekend this weekend, as compared to our normally home-bound ones. I also got a lot of time to knit my UO shrug, which made me very happy. I'm using a cotton from Schaefer yarns called Frida Kahlo combined with Kidsilk Haze. It's a really nice, soft fabric with some fuzz-factor to make it really girly. I think I'm going to like it alot. The body of the piece is done in a stitch called Mock Rib, and the effect is a really spongy stitch that looks like stockinette but it's actually composed of a 1x1 rib on the front and a purl and slipped stitch on the back. I really like the way it looks, but I'm worried that it's taking up a ton of yarn. Hopefully I'll have enough!

On Friday we went to see a band called Grupo Fantasma with a bunch of friends. They're our friend's favorite band from Austin so we always go with a big group when they're in town. It had been a long time since I've been dancing, but it was fun to jump around a bit.

Anyways, it's been brough to my attention that my blog is lame now because I never post...and I guess that I didn't need someone to tell me that for me to know it's true! I think I've got to work on posting more often, so hopefully you'll be hearing more from me in the future.
G

2 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Blogger Amber said...

I am bummed I didn't go but glad you had fun all the same ;-) Lets just say there was not so much jumping around happening in LA, unless you count my nephew Matthew bouncing off the walls. Glad to be home!

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger pretendingsanity said...

cool! I guess I could have checked out your blog before I asked you what yarn you were using, doh!

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home